6mm Ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I want to cut 12 sheets of 6mm ply (8x4) on my table saw. what is the right type of blade i will need for a good clean cut. I have been told that a blade should have 2 teeth in the cut at any time.

all the best Martin

Sponsored Links
Finer the better, however why not take the measurements to B n poo, or your local Jewsons and get them to cut it when you buy it?

Sponsored Links
I want to cut 12 sheets of 6mm ply (8x4) on my table saw. what is the right type of blade i will need for a good clean cut. I have been told that a blade should have 2 teeth in the cut at any time.
Ply is generally cut with an ATB (alternate top bevel) sawblade. Typical teeth would be something like 48 to 60t on a 10inch blade or 60 to 72t on a 12in blade. Going to less teeth will potentially give a rougher cut (although the solution is often just to feed more slowy). Going to more teeth will tend to clog on the cut and be very slow. Set your blade up so that it only protrudes 2 or 3mm above the surface of the timber when making the cut - safer and better quality of cut that way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back