Box Sinker

Sponsored Links
don't you have to have an sds drill with rotor stop for them?

Sponsored Links
got a super set with box sinkers etc,

I find box sinker has limited uses as they can only be used on breize block etc,

if you use the rotary hard material cutter it is good.

I have had 3 chisels break in the past year - I am using grease in sds drill and they still fail

Excellent for wraggling, use a wall chaser followed by chisel- floor to ceiling in less than 15 mins including sweeping up!!

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101988&ts=71924&id=16724
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101988&ts=71924&id=72224

i have 1 of those box sinkers. has its good an bad points. in soft brick they save time, but in harder brick (as in most walls) the circle cutter will work, but the square wont, so you end up usin a chasing bit after the circle cutter. can still save you time doing it that way tho

The other problem with these is that although in principle they end up giving you two fixing holes - in practice the holes are too big and I ended up having to drill more holes in the wall and the back box - durr! Luckily I only borrowed one, rather than forking out to buy...
SB

sparkybird said:
The other problem with these is that although in principle they end up giving you two fixing holes - in practice the holes are too big and I ended up having to drill more holes in the wall and the back box - durr! Luckily I only borrowed one, rather than forking out to buy...
SB

thats also the other problem

andrew2022 said:
sparkybird said:
SB

What fixing holes?

p1412090_x.jpg
p1412625_x.jpg

ban-all-sheds said:
andrew2022 said:
sparkybird said:
SB

What fixing holes?

p1412090_x.jpg
p1412625_x.jpg

ive found before that the pilot hole cannot be used as a fixing hole. it often ends up slighty larger than the 6mm drill its made with so red plugs are no good and often a brown plug is too slack

1st step for a single box is to drill a 6mm pilot hole at the centre of the desired box.
Drill out to desired depth using the circular cutter (using the pilot hole to guide it).
Use square cutter (using the pilot hole again).

Using the pilot hole for guidance with an SDS drill inevitably widens it and makes it too big for red/brown plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back