replacing single room thermostat with programmable trv's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi sorry if this has been asked before i tried searching but couldnt find anything.

I want to replace my trv's with programmable ones so that I can controll the temperature in individual rooms at different times of the day etc.

currently i have a timer / programer in the kitchen that I can set when the entire system is powered up. and a room thermostat in the hall that has the ability to turn the entire system on and off.

I want to install the programmable trv's and then have the central heating system turn itself on and off when the programmable trv's open the valves to heat the room. my system has a separate boler and pump, the boiler is also set-up to heat the hot water.

my thought was to use the power input from the room thermostat in the hall and replace it with the pressure swith output.

does anyone know if this is possible and whre i might find this type of valve.?

Sponsored Links
So you're going to introduce some control wiring to each of these valves so that any one can switch the heating system on or off? :confused:

So are you laying out all this money to save on gas consumption if so its going to be a lot of lot of years before you have pay back

Sponsored Links
You need to use the roomstat to bring on the boiler, but programmable trvs can be very effective.

Evohome will never be cost effective in this configuration due to the cost of the valve heads.

I speak with experience of both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back