SALUS RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these,SALUS RT500RF It is set to 5% over all the time settings, The sender unit works fine when I raise the temperature to turn the heating on 0k. and it turns it's self off when the room reaches the set temperature. But for quite some time the boiler will turn itself on ( central heating) quite at random, we may go 6 months with no trouble, then we may get a short run of days when it will turn itself on at random times. I have even tried taking the batteries out of the sender unit SALUS RT500RF and the boiler will still turn itself on when it likes.JUST TO SEE IF THE SENDER BOX IS AT FAULT So jumper settings don't even come into the problem as a cure. WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING.?? It has come on every day for the last 7 days, the longest run ever in 3 years. Thank you in advance Regards Neil

Sponsored Links
These are notorious for this its all down to the freqency any of your remotes could activate it even a passing taxi can activate it got this from Sallus tech. try altering the dip switches which will change the frequency tells you in the manual how to do this

Hi, I had a brand new central heating system put in Nov 2012 with a new Worcester Bosch condensing boiler. The engineer fitted a wireless Salus TR500RF programmable timer. It has been a complete nightmare ever since. It comes on whenever it pleases. I have tried resetting it numerous times but it is so annoying. My gas bill was through the roof last year, as it kept coming on all night. It always comes on and reaches the highest setting 22 degrees. My thermostats on the radiators do not seem to work either. They can be on number two but the rads get red hot. I am in complete despair. I have just fiited a wood burner to reduce my gas bill. Last night I thought it had got really hot in the lounge, only to fing out the rads were red hot - they were not supposed to be on. also the pt unit was in the lounge reading 21 degrees and it was still firing up. I had reset the programmes to

5.45 am 18 degrees
8.00 am 10 degrees
3pm 10 degrees
6pm 10 degrees
10pm 10 degrees

I just want the heating on in the morning to warm the house up. It is coming on a few times a day and at night. I have had to turn all the rads down to 0. The problem is the boiler is firing all the time. it is heating water all the time even when I am not running any taps.
Can anyone help me. I am thinking of having the old wired in type of timer fitted as I never had a problem with a timer before until I got this one. I can't afford the cost it is having on my gas bill.

Sponsored Links
did you have any luck sorting it out? I have a similar problem

did you have any luck sorting it out? I have a similar problem
Well as the post is 11 years old I recken they will have got rid of the Salus by now and fitted something decent Salus are absolute garbage

Well I'm new to this and obviously I didn't see the date! 1st time with a Salus and it seems your right!

I had a basic salus stat, it was useless and difficult to program, ripped out for a salus it500 internet based.

Now heatimg is more controlled and access is easy from phone, using it since july 2020, batteries last 2 years and have hasd 2 x firmware updates so far, it messed up once when it would'nt respond to a new reprogram, funnily happend on the coldest night 12th dec when it snowed. Fix was to reboot the thermostat by pulling batteries out.

Thanks, and its been okay?you'd recommend the salus it500?

the it500 and rt310i are both internet based thermostats, the it500 is for heating and hot water based systems but the rt310i is for heating only.

My setup is simple, i only have a combi and use the it500for heating only, it works as it should.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back