New laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I backed up all required data from my old laptop into qty 2 external hard drives. All info was on them. Tonight I have tried to download them onto my new laptop and they are not detected. I have since found out that I plugged them both into a USB 3.0 connector. Both drives are not detected but the blue light is on. I plugged them into the old laptop which now does not even detect them as connected. Both used to come up as F Drives in my computer but nothing. What is the problem and what can I do to resolve it. I am not brilliant with computers so please treat like a numpty.

Sponsored Links
Try another PC or LAPTOP, even better if you could try another 2!! that way you can identify a fault with either the drives or the PC\LAPTOPS you plugging in to

I cannot stand external drives you can't even breath on them and they stop working!!

Thanks,
Did as you said and still same so tried another lead and all ok, faulty lead placed in bin. Annoying thing is is it is the lead that came with one of the drives.....
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Back