Boiler pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Vokeira 80/20 Flowmatic combi boiler.
I am loosing 0.5 bar in pressure daily and am having to continually top up. When i run the hot water my radiators are also coming on! The temparature seems to rise high up until the point the boiler makes a few bangs then on some occasions shuts down and the pilot light goes out....help!!!

Sponsored Links
After rechecking last night i can confirm the pipe leading outside is dripping ( i was looking in the wrong place before). So from what i have read on other messages am i right in thinking the PSV needs changing?

Sponsored Links
Thanks alot for you help.
Should that solve the problem of the radiators sometimes coming on with the hot water ?

Cleaning the pressure release valve's seating arangements can usually make it water tight once again Then never use it to release water, as crap floating around the system can bridge the seal once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back