Slow washer water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold water flow problem that happened with my old Maytag washer, and still happens with my new Whirlpool washer. The problem is that the cold water flow into the washer slows to a dribble over time. If I switch the hoses, put the hot water on the cold inlet and the cold water on the hot inlet, and then run the washer for a second and then switch the hoses back the right way. the cold water flow is fine, but then slows to a dribble again over time.

Sponsored Links
hi,
Sonuds to me like the filters at the ends of the hoses are blocked. Take the hoses off and have a look at the ends, there should be a little filter there. Take it out and clean in some soapy hot water. Also check the actual connection on the washer, these somtimes have filters as well which pull out, clean them as well.

pc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back