TOOLS FOR CUTTING TILES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning...I am putting tile in my bedroom...I do not want to make mistakes like i did in the bathroom and have to start all over....what is the best tool for sizing the tiles,the tiles are quite thick and vinyl...and what is the best template for the odd pieces...any comments and advice is appreciated. thanks much!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The usual method of cutting vinyl floor tiles is with a sharp craft knife. Make an initial score and taking it slow and firmly apply the blade and make more passes until cut. The best way for getting the profiled areas is to use a profile guage which will replicate the shape of anything it is pressed against and you can then draw the shape onto your tile and cut. This is a link to a profile guage although you may have another name for them across the pond. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=13731&ts=74482

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back