Unable to bleed radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After draining the CH system and fixing the faulty radiator, I am ubale to fill CH backup again. When I try to bleed any of the radiators no air comes out.

Can someone help ?

Sponsored Links
1-look for a small "header" tank in loft :?: with water in and ballvalve filling it ;)

OK...if there`s a motorised valve or 2 try moving the lever that sicks out the side, and hooks.this holds valve(s) open...vent the pump and check it`s spinning...threads on this subject ;) look for small air bleeds on "stalks" in airing cupd. :?: open + see.

Sponsored Links
Did you check that the header tank had emptied when you drained the system?

blocked cold feed, try tapping the tee where the feed from the tank joins the system pipework, failing that push a hose up the vent pipe as far around the corner as possible and then hold the other end tight over where the ball vale fills, then backfill the system from the ball valve. You should then be able to bled the rads a bit, then do it again, and again etc.

Eventually was able to bleed all the radiators. :) However, when I switched heating on,upstairs radiators only got hot,down stairs still cold :?: :cry:

Pump seems to be working ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back