Oil Stain on Non Gloss Painted Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently spilled some oil on my house wall. The paint on the wall is rough non gloss (typical of apartments). I tried soaking it with wet cloth but not working. The stains look very ugly on the white wall and I would aprpeciate any advice. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe the oil is "coconut oil".
It was lying around in a bottle and I wanted to see how much was left and wrenched it open - result: splash over the wall. :cry:

It MAY dissapear in time, alternatively make the whole wall look the same, and give it all a coat of coconut oil.

Sponsored Links
As it is oil water alone will not remove it. You need a cleaner containing enzymes - try a solution of biological washing detergent (look on the box to check the ingredients). Dab it on and leave to soak in but it will probably take a few applications to make a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back