How to get into hotpoint WMA30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a total beginner with washing machines, can someone tell me how to get into the top/back of a hotpoint wma30, I have a rather loud noise when the machine is spinning and i would like to investigate why the machine is making this noise.

Any information would be greatly received.

Cheers Bighawk.

Sponsored Links
if your machine is less than five years old, my advice would be to ring hotpoint and claim a complete new drum/tub assembly under their five year parts warranty. the catch is that you'll pay them £95 to fit it for you.
they would also replace any other damaged parts within that cost barring fair wear and tear. it's possible that the water leak from the hub may have damaged the motor.
if it's more that five then:-
1.on either side of the lid at front you prise off two plastic plugs. they conceal the torx screws which secure the lid.
2.bad news is that the back does't come off. a bearing/tub change has to be done through the top of the cabinet.
3. the retail on the parts you need (which ideally is a drum rear half and a spider) will be in excess of 50 to 60 pounds

Thanks very much for the information Keithwasherman, I will give this a go.
Cheers Bighawk...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back