how much will the materials cost to do my roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I live in a semi detatched

can you tell me how much the materials would cost to do my side of the roof? my neighbour doesnt want theirs done?

Ive been quoted £2500 all in

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
067901_d1dbe9cb.jpg

Too cheap. Scaffold for a semi aprox £500 Skip £200 Materials 1K minimum

There's a wel known roofing firm doing the 100's of council houses in the area, so i asked them to quote.
This is just just to do my half of the roof, not next doors. Also, its the roof only, no guttering facias etc

is this stil too cheap or is it a bargain?

How big is your roof and what sort of tiles are they quoteing for. Is the roof an up and over or a hip end roof.

Is the quote from the firm including VAT and garuntee or a cash price from the blokes doing the work for them.

I think it sounds very cheap but down here in London prices are a lot more.

How big is your roof and what sort of tiles are they quoteing for. Is the roof an up and over or a hip end roof.

Is the quote from the firm including VAT and garuntee or a cash price from the blokes doing the work for them.

I think it sounds very cheap but down here in London prices are a lot more.

thanx for the reply,

its a hip end roof. Not sure what tiles they using but i assumed there is a guarantee. The price quoted was the final price. no mention of VAT and agained assumed its a cash price

will find out about guarantee and type of tiles

If i its the guys dong the work you approached as opposed to the company the material will be nicked, it will be a cash job no paperwork and certainly no guarantee...probably no scaffold and use their companies skips.

You do not get a legitimate re-roof for that price.

Agree with the last post but it may also be a cheap job for a different reason, namely if you have Westmoreland or Yorkshire stone or similar expensive covering on your roof and they are putting a standard cheap concrete tile in it's place as then they will make a fair few quid on the salvage cost of the old roof.

Agree with the last post but it may also be a cheap job for a different reason, namely if you have Westmoreland or Yorkshire stone or similar expensive covering on your roof and they are putting a standard cheap concrete tile in it's place as then they will make a fair few quid on the salvage cost of the old roof.

current roof covering is rosemarys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back