[b]Unbalanced pressure and showers[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with the pressure in my shower.
My hot water is from my combi boiler and mains feed but my cold water is gravity fed from a tank in the loft. I live in a ground floor masionette and access to the loft is through the upstairs flat.

The shower is a new shower but when turned on the flow is very bad and then takes about 2 mins to get to a reasonable level.

Could I fit a pressure equalising valve or flow restrictors ?

Thanks

Grant

Sponsored Links
What shower, what boiler?
Is mains pressure/flow affected by other flat(s)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch Combi fitted by BG about 5 years ago. I dont have the exact model to hand but can try and dig out the paperwork.

The shower is a thermostatic mixer shower, Triton Tamor, and is only a few months old.

There is only one other flat upstairs and they are completely feed by the mains and thus do not use the tank in the loft.

We did have a problems with the previous shower that was already installed when we got there. Sometimes it would make a high pitched screeching noise when turned on, especially in the morning. This seemed to be relieved by turning the hot water tap on in the basin. As the old shower looked quite cheap/old we assumed it was a problem with the shower rather than water pressure.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back