Adding hot water capacity to a wb37cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,
Currently have a WB 37cdi, sometimes when hot water is on demand, hot water from other taps is lifeless. Don't really want to replace the boiler, was wondering whether I am able to add some sort of hot water cylinder storage to the existing system?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it's no problem to add a hot water cylinder to you boiler, there are different ways of doing it but an s plan is the usual way.

When you say lifeless do you mean no flow or water is cold

Flow is really slow.
If I can add a cylinder can anyone make a suggestion on what type, also what's S plan. Sorry for daft question, if it is daft that is

Sponsored Links
Add an unvented cylinder. Job done. Your existing boiler can
heat this up.
Ensure you have about 20-25 litres of cold mains flow to the house.

If you have a plumber come around to quote and wants to replace
the boiler to convert you to a tank system avoid them. They
are obviously a numpty.

If his mains can't run two taps at the same time it's unlikely it's going to run an unvented cylinder.

What about re fitting a cold water tank and then pumping the cold down to the boiler?

Never done it but can't see why this wouldn't work

I should add this would only give you the max that this boiler can supply which is 13.3 ltrs min at a 40 degree temp rise

Lots of options

break tank with pump and unvented cylinder

break tank and pump to combi

tank in loft with vented cylinder with maybe pumped shower

depends on budget and space but all can use existing combi.

is there an cold inlet filter possibly partially blocked :?: whats the flow like from a cold tap

Gents,
Cold flow is great. We had supply pipe replaced for new plastic feed fitted from stop tap to inside house.
I think its just the case that our hot water demand sometimes outsritps the boilers potential.

25mm plastic outside?. I try to upgrade internal 15mm pipe to 22mm at least to the t for the boiler.

If your getting around 13 ltrs a min from your hot then using your combi to heat a tank or split the hot water load with a water heater?

Anybody considered a soiled plate HX ................?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back