Ariston 27 mffi - add a room stat help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler (approx 10 years old) and would like to add a wireless room thermostat so I can program the times of each day I would like it to come on and for it to cut off when the room reaches a desired temperature rather than having to manually do it every day!

Questions are:-

Can you recommend a product (I believe it has to be 2 wires)

Looking at page 12 here> http://www.aroundtownflats.com/manu...RISTON MICRO GENUS 27MFFI GCNo.47-116-15.pdf

To connect a room thermostat, it is necessary to:
1. - Open the control panel as indicated in section 3.3.
2.- Remove the link “A” from the terminal block on the reverse of the control panel.
3. - Insert the thermostat cable through the cable grommet and fasten it by means of the
cable-clamp provided.
4. - Then connect the thermostat wires to the terminal block.
5.- If a remote time clock is to be fitted, disconnect the integral time clock from the P.C.B.
6. - Using a volt-free switching time clock, connect the switching wires from the time clock
following points 1-4 above.
7. - If using an external time clock and room thermostat, these must be connected in
series as points 1-7 above.
Note: Only a two-wire type room thermostat can be used.
An anti-frost device is built-in to the appliance’s electronic regulation
system.

Parts 6 and 7 are the bit I am not sure about, I presume I am using an external time clock s ofollow points 1 - 5 ? Also what does it mean by "connecting in series" (the switching wires) I presume.

I have a very basic knowledge of the boiler, last year I replaced PCB and one of the electrodes after the boiler developed a fault.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Parts 6 and 7 are the bit I am not sure about, I presume I am using an external time clock s ofollow points 1 - 5 ? Also what does it mean by "connecting in series"

Yes follow 1-5. Point 6 is important, it must be a volt free stat. Point 7 means if you are using both an external clock and room stat they should be wired in series, that is, clock to room stat to boiler. The boiler connections will be the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back