cable size oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a 19amp double oven. I have a single 2.5mm cable with a 15 amp rcd labelled fridge (why it is not on the ring I have no idea) Can I just uprate the rcd to 20 amps and keep the cable or should I increase it to 6mm?

Advice needed please! :?:

Sponsored Links
please post your questions (electrical in this case) in the correct section

please click here (last post by myself, 4th & 5th paragraphs down for an explanation)

thankyou

breezer said:
please post your questions (electrical in this case) in the correct section ,thankyou

Breezer,I think the reason people are posting on the wrong section is depending on their PC screen resolution size.Mine is on 1024 x 768 pixels resolution and I cannot see the plumbing,electrics,gardening & who is online section unless I scroll down further,so I think what is happening is people see the diy section straight away and use that post instead.Personally I think maybe Diynot.com can update their site so you can see all the section on one page without scrolling down specially for 1st timer (just a thought.)

When you say 15amp rcd do you not mean a 15amp mcb?

2.5mm is capable of taking 19amps (4kw) so fitting a 20amp mcb would be fine

Breezer ... your link takes you to a topic about a washing machine....

Sponsored Links
alexnic yes it does, but i also mention to see the last post by myself, 4 & 5th paragraph

I have cut and pasted it

another "rule" is to post under the right subject as to what the enquiry apertains to, for example, if some one is looking for a post on say gardening why would they look under general? they wouldn't, so they will not find what they are looking for, but some people will post say a gardening question under general because general has most replies, but that is only because it has been running longer than say the plumbing, gardening and electric forums.

some new members think that by posting in the most answered section they will get a quicker reply, all that in fact happens is that it gets ignored, or told to post under the correct subject. Like most of us here we work during the day, and only check / reply to posts when we are able, so posting in the wrong subject is a waste of time.

Also it is a fact that some "guests" find the forum, search the relevant subjects, find some one who has the same problem as them see what the replies are and never post since they now know what the answer to the question they had is.

I am just trying top keep some sort of "order" on the forums.

A sence of humour helps too, as sometimes a humourous reply is justified

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back