Replacing Bearings Hotpoint wma30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I replace the bearings on a hotpoint WMA30?

The drive belt on my washing machine keeps slipping towards the drum so I think the bearings might have gone.

I need to know how to replace the bearings and roughly how much this would cost?

Will I need any special tools/how long will it take?
Any response greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi
if your w/mach is under five years old hotpoint will replace the bearing and the drum shaft for about £89, to do the job your self you will need a bearing puller or a big HAMMER!!

if it's under 5 years old hotpoint will replace the entire tub assembly. they don't bother fixing them. personally i think that is yourbest option because they should also replace any other parts affected by this fault.

keithwasherman said:
if it's under 5 years old hotpoint will replace the entire tub assembly. they don't bother fixing them. personally i think that is yourbest option because they should also replace any other parts affected by this fault.
when i was there i got an earole bashing for doing that, they prefered you to change bearings rather than tub, mind you with new bearing puller they had it was easy

Sponsored Links
times have changed. hotpoint allocate an engineer two call slots to change the entire tub unit. the local guy has a garage full of them. in the rural area where i live i refer on average at least four a week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back