Combi Boiler CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need a bit of help from someone with more knowledge than me. I need to re-fill my central heating circuit after accidently pulling a radiator off the wall - don't ask :eek: !!

I have refilled the system using the mains water and the pressure has increased to 1.5 bar on the boiler gauge (Model AlphaTherm 240eco) and seems to hold firm. I now need to get all the air in the radiator system out without knackering my pump. I am planning to try running the system for a little while then bleeding the radiators off in turn, running the system again to circulate more water, then bleeding off again etc etc until there's no more air. Is this the best way or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Stewart

Sponsored Links
I am not a plumber or heating engineer.

Thats the way I do mine...

Not usually a problem at all. Don't worry about a bit of gurgling in your pump.

Look for the automatic Air vent in your combi. It willl often have a cap on top like a tyre valve cap. This must be left undone. sometimes they things scale up. If the valve doesn't hiss when you fill the system from empty - check/replace the valve.

Also you vent the pump itself by undoing its centre screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back