radiator/boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton puma problem again. Pilot light goes out regularly. The only way I have of gettting on the radiators for a good few hours is to run hot water tap upstairs for a while. If i get pilot back on and put heating back on first the pilot goes. Any advice? Husband and I are both useless so will we ned to call someone out?

Sponsored Links
sounds to me like a couple of faults at least with this boiler, Dont know if the others would agree but I would say sorry this is not a DIY problem and you should contact an approved potteton engineer to sort it oput sorry :(

as said it sounds as if you need someone qualified. the pilot is conected to an overheat stat which will cut out the pilot to prevent it getting dangerously hot, running the hot tap first must be helping to keep the temp down, sounds like a restriction somewhere but finding it will be the tricky bit

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Dead pump?

shouldn't think so chris as they are getting hoyt water so pump proving switch working, still thin help should be sort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back