VOKERA LINEA 28 pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem with the pressure in my CH system,with the pressure set to 1 bar when cold, I turn on my heating and the pressure gradually increases to 3 bar and above! this is causing the release valve to open and reduce the pressure in my system once the heating is turned off! locking the boiler out and giving a code 4 on the display. I have not used the heating all year and the boiler has been fine for about 3 years.assistance would be greatfully received! :(

Sponsored Links
There is a flat orange expansion vessel at the back of the boiler. At the top (usually) is a Shraeder valve (bike or car tyre valve). Depress inner needle momentarily, either water or air or nothing will come out.

Water? Have a corgi registered person fit a new one or an external generic one.

air? step two check pressure, drain heating until pressure guage is 0, put a bike pressure guage on valve and see what pressure is in it, pump up with bike pump to 1 bar.

Nothing? as for air. If won't take pressure as for water.

Differential diagnosis; blocked connection between vessel and system pipework, drain down remove link clean, clean hole into vessel also.

air is leaking out so I will try your suggestions! many thanks (watch this space!)

There is a flat orange expansion vessel at the back of the boiler. At the top (usually) is a Shraeder valve (bike or car tyre valve). Depress inner needle momentarily, either water or air or nothing will come out.

Water? Have a corgi registered person fit a new one or an external generic one.

air? step two check pressure, drain heating until pressure guage is 0, put a bike pressure guage on valve and see what pressure is in it, pump up with bike pump to 1 bar.

Nothing? as for air. If won't take pressure as for water.

Differential diagnosis; blocked connection between vessel and system pipework, drain down remove link clean, clean hole into vessel also.

• Hi, i took your advice and it has worked! But still water dripping from my over flow pipe which causes the presure to drop, but much slower than it did before! The Vessle seem to be keeping the air presure at 1.5 bar. Any other ideas please as to why my over flow pipe still leaking! And how can i stop it? By the way i have a Vokera linea 28 combi!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Your pressure relief valve (saftey valve) is passing slightly

over time this will drop the pressure to zero.

Get down to HRPC and get a new one....

Tip of the day.....the plastic internals screw out, saves you replacing the
brass bit too.

Your pressure relief valve (saftey valve) is passing slightly

over time this will drop the pressure to zero.

Get down to HRPC and get a new one....

Tip of the day.....the plastic internals screw out, saves you replacing the
brass bit too.

Hi,thank you for your reply, were is this thing you are refering to!And is it easy enough for me to do? Or do i need an engineer?Not sure what i am looking for to be honest, any other clues?

Thank you

bottom left, just below the divertor valve motor, red hexagonal thing with little black lever on.

remove divertor motor, pull lever to blow off pressure.
get spanner on and unscrew old one, replace, refill, refit motor head.

Jobs a good 'un

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back