Indesit WD 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help

My dryer is not very well, heating element and fan are both working ok but very little amount of hot air seems to be getting into the drum, drain hose and filter are both also ok. :(

Sponsored Links
if you are sure that the fan is rotating at ful speed, then try this but be careful.
set your machine on a drying cycle but don't shut the door. instead you activate the lock with a small screwdriver or similar. the machine will now start up. open the door and hold a hand just beneath the 12 o'clock position just inside the door. you should feel a steady flow of air from that point. if not then your fan impellor may be loose. or there may be a blockage in the condensor unit, or the curved blades of the fan impellor may be clogged with fluff. if you can't feel any air coming out then make sure that your fan is actually working.
finaly after the machine has been switched off a few mins you must release the dorr lock by flicking it with your screwdriver.

Have tried your suggestion, there is a flow of hot air coming out but not what i would large amount, have checked the impeller which seems ok so I would presume the last resort is condenser may have a blockage in it but it looks a pig to remove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back