Sime Super 80 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sime super 80 installed about 1996/7. Regularly serviced but recent problem. Boiler stopped working so called Corgi engineer. he came out and, after diagnosis, fitted new fan. Since fitting the fan the boiler will not stay lit when replacing the combustion chamber cover. Its as if its being starved of air. I can get the boiler going and replace the combustion chamber cover loosley but then when putting the sealed chamber cover it goes off again. I'm waiting for engineer to get a reply from Sime and I have mailed them but thought that the advice here looked consistently helpful. can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
The fan should run slowly when the boiler is not fired up.

Perhaps its running at full speed?

I dont remember but perhaps the fan has three terminals and he has fitted these wrongly so the "slow" is really the "fast"???

Tony

Tony said:
I dont remember but perhaps the fan has three terminals and he has fitted these wrongly so the "slow" is really the "fast"???
Good thinking, Tony. :idea:

Thanks Chaps. Engineer is to call Tuesday. He suspects it may be some funnel shaped part within the fan that is drawing off the air too quickly so is to try turning it upside down. Its a Baxi fan and his colleague had suggested that that may be the problem. We'll try this too though. :confused:

I'm applying for my Corgi registration after this is fixed!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chaps. Engineer is to call Tuesday. He suspects it may be some funnel shaped part within the fan that is drawing off the air too quickly so is to try turning it upside down. Its a Baxi fan and his colleague had suggested that that may be the problem. We'll try this too though. :confused:

I'm applying for my Corgi registration after this is fixed!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back