gas supply problem to glowworm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve just had a glowworm 30 cxi installed and i\\\'ve found that the CH does not appear to be getting as warm as maybe it should.

The temp reading on the front of the boiler is 73c at its maximum setting. According to the handbook the max temp should be around 84c.

I currently have (i think) 22mm pipes running from the front of the house to the back where the boiler is. Is it possible that this could be the cause of the problem?

That said, the temp on the readout does not seem to drop when the fire is on or when the HW is running.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with boiler found out recently glow-worm have off set boiler to 72 degs.
you can prove this by dropping fascia you will see card with 3 pots on it and a bank of 4 dip switches no. 3 dip switch will be in the on position ,flick it to off and 82 degs can be attained all other dip switches should also be in the off position.

just flicked the switch to see if it would have any effect and its now gone all the way up to 80. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Is there any reason why they do this? presumably its safe to have switch 3 turned off to enable the boiler to go up to 80?

Also do you happen to know what the other switches do? i noted when i opened the panel up that some others were turned on too.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
All the other switches s/be off not sure what they do some control pump best turn them off

Strange that manufacturers kid consumers this way.

One of the boilers I install customer has a nob that goes up to 90 I think it is, but boiler is limited to 80. Why not just be honest?

I suppose it's the speedos rev counters and go faster stripes, boiler manufacturers are still in the '70s Mark I Lotus Cortina mentality.

To keep the return temp lower and help it to be efficient maybe?

Nothing new then :)

Back in 1986 British Gas installed a Glow Worm Fuelsaver 55F
in a house where I previously lived. The installer had remarked
on how quiet the boiler was whilst in operation.

After a few days, I realised that the performance of the system was
not quite as I had anticipated in that the house was not very warm.

On checking the output temperature from the boiler, I saw that it
reached a maximum of 150 degrees farenheight before the boiler
stat cut off. The stat control knob was set at 5 (maximum).

By adjusting a small screw within the stat, the boiler could be fired
up to 180 degrees farenheight. The low water content boiler did
make a little more noise then, but ran faultlessly until 2000 when it
required a new fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back