Potterton Powermax HE 'A15' Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, firstly apologies for such a long post! However any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a potterton powermax HE boiler. It has recently had a new diverter valve and a new pcb and been serviced and all was well for a few weeks until now, Last week I noticed the pressure was low at around 0.9 so I turned the valve and topped it up as I have in the past however when topping up there seemed to be very little pressure going in and it took a long time to reach 1.5 then when the hot water was on the pressure would keep rising up and reach over 3 and then drop down again the next day. Now however I am getting error code A15 and after pressing reset the pressure is reading 0 and when I open the valve to top up the pressure nothing happens even though the analogue gauge near the valve reads just above 2. If however I deselect hot water the pressure seems to eventually go back to 1.5 until selected again and the A15 comes back on. I do however have hot water coming out of the taps but it doesn't seem to be as much as previously. After looking online I have read things about recharging the expansion vessel but unsure if that might help or not in this
case as the pressure somehow comes back?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel may have lost all its pressure and may need to be recharged.
More likely though is that the diaphragm in the expansion vessel may have a puncture. This would be why it took so long for you to top up the system when the pressure was lost. If this is the case, the expansion vessel will need to be replaced.

Hi all, firstly apologies for such a long post! However any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a potterton powermax HE boiler. It has recently had a new diverter valve and a new pcb and been serviced and all was well for a few weeks until now, Last week I noticed the pressure was low at around 0.9 so I turned the valve and topped it up as I have in the past however when topping up there seemed to be very little pressure going in and it took a long time to reach 1.5 then when the hot water was on the pressure would keep rising up and reach over 3 and then drop down again the next day. Now however I am getting error code A15 and after pressing reset the pressure is reading 0 and when I open the valve to top up the pressure nothing happens even though the analogue gauge near the valve reads just above 2. If however I deselect hot water the pressure seems to eventually go back to 1.5 until selected again and the A15 comes back on. I do however have hot water coming out of the taps but it doesn't seem to be as much as previously. After looking online I have read things about recharging the expansion vessel but unsure if that might help or not in this
case as the pressure somehow comes back?

Many thanks in advance.

There's a water pressure sensor on these that get partially blocked and give duff readings on the board so acting the A15 fault. The fill loop is probably choked aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back