boiler/radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband has just bled the radiators at my sons flat. He has only been in the flat for a month although it is an old house it is a brand new central heating system. The radiators got hot when he bled them but then the heating went cold, the boiler seemed to show that there was not enough pressure for it to start. When we tried to see if there was any more air in the pipes no water came out at all. It is as if there is no water in the pipes. Can someone help with any suggestion what has gone wrong.

Sponsored Links
ann.b said:
My husband has just bled the radiators at my sons flat. He has only been in the flat for a month although it is an old house it is a brand new central heating system. The radiators got hot when he bled them but then the heating went cold, the boiler seemed to show that there was not enough pressure for it to start. When we tried to see if there was any more air in the pipes no water came out at all. It is as if there is no water in the pipes. Can someone help with any suggestion what has gone wrong.

This is not a big deal

what you hav done is bled a sealed system and reduced the pressure

all you have to do is "top it up " and you will be good to go. look for a silver hose near the boiler open the valve (or valves depending on which type) untill the guage on the bolier reads about 1

Not sure what you mean by not enough pressure to start. Is it a sealed system, or do you mean water pressure?

If there is a pressure gauge on the boiler showing zero, then the system needs more water. To do this open the filling loop tap SLOWLY until the pressure is about 0.8 bar. (Don't have the boiler on until all bleeding has been done). Then bleed all radiators and any other bleed point. Reset pressure and repeat if necessary as many times as needed. The CH pump should be off as well while you're doing this.

Then try running the heating and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back