Tiling on bathroom floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help - I'm replacing my bathroom carpet with ceramic tiles. Do I need to replace the original floorboards with Plywood? If so, surely when the tiles are laid, there will be a big height difference with the carpet in the adjoining bedroom (also floorboards). Is there some kind of strip to cater for where carpet meets tiling on a different level, or am I approaching this job wrongly?

Sponsored Links
Read the following thread for specifications.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34203

I usually get an oak threshold made to take up any difference in height between the newly tiled floor and carpet. A local wood yard make these for me, it provides a far better finish than any brass carpet tile strips.

Thanks for the thread and your advice. Is the oak threshold just a straightforward strip of wood?

yep simple as that, but get it made once all the tiling is done, it can then be made to size perfectly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back