Dripping Bathroom Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched for an answer to my question here and all over the web and have been unsuccesful. Our bathroom fan has started dripping when it is turned on. I have taken it off and cleaned the fan but to no avail. Has anyone ever experienced this and what is the best (cheapest) way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your help....

Sponsored Links
If it is rainwater, you need a cowl over the outside. I live in an exposed coastal area and my favourite is this kind, which keeps out driving rain and does not rattle like louvres:

p1849536_l.jpg

If it's condensation, that would be odd, unless you switch the fan off before it's had time to clear the bathroom. For this reason, connected to switch on with the light is good. (Fans are extremely inexpensive to run)

If it's some **** squirting the shower at it, chop their hands off.

Is there any possibility of a leaking pipe or gutter above it?

Where does the fan vent to, does it go through the loft, if so is the ducting lagged? Could be that the water vapour is condensing on the very cold duct and dripping back down. Fit a condesnation trap.

what is probably happening is that moisture from warm, wet air is condensing on the inside of your exhaust duct, then draining and dripping. Insulate the duct till it reaches outside, this will greatly reduce the condensate.

Sponsored Links
minnesotaarch, check the date a post was made before you post.

this one was started nearly 3 years ago and the op never even said thanks (they only made the one post)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back