heating stays on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello I need help.
our room thermostat is being over ridden by our h/w thermostat. h/w & c/h work ok independantly. but when the room stat is on and the h/w stat comes on then the c/h will not go off until the h/w stat turns off.the 3 way valve motor is working. thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
ARe you sure the three port valve is working as the symptons you have describe scream that it aint

I cant think of anything else that ill cause this problem?

SOunds more like it's wired wrongly?

Just before I go away for 3 weeks, I've just noticed that my own HW is getting up to boiler temp which it shouldn't!. 3 port valve is letting by to HW when on c heating. So it could be the head mechanism or the wet bits of the valve, right? Thought I'd take the top off the 3 port to move the shaft round to ch-only while we're away. For some reason one of the screws is seized in, so I had to push to hold the screwdriver in the slot. I couldn't get the screw out anyway, but the pushing has made the top plate of the valve leak. No time to change the valve - pipes will need cutting to get it out. So I've had to drain some water out, and will be coming back to a cold house.

Maybe I should have got a man in?

Give a key Chris and I will pop around and sort it for you, you can do the same when i finally get a holiday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BUMMER mate

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back