Ivy Mite?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
In my neighbourhood, i have noticed that Ivy has slowly, over several years, been dying back over an area of several hundred yards, where it is clinging to a brick estate wall and in gardens. It looks to me like it has been attacked by a mite, though I can't see any insects on it. The dead leave go a very light brown, starting at the edge. Larger leaves are eaten away except for the ribs and veins. Other plants seem unaffected.

I notice that some healthy patches are under my fruit trees, which I spray regularly.

As it happens, I don't like this invasive ivy, and want it to die.

Does anyone know what it might be, and how it can be encouraged?

Sponsored Links
Couldnt tell you what it is but I want some.

Ivy is crap and a flippin nightmare to get rid of, especialy when its mature, runners EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH! I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I now have some pictures, taken a few weeks apart. It does appear to be spreading, but very slowly. i can't see any insects, though there do appear to be fine spiders webs round the dead parts, this might not be connected.

earlier:
POL_0083.jpg

recent:
IvyMite11B.jpg

earlier:
POL_0084.jpg

recent
IvyMite10B.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have an ivy problem. I felt sorry for a tiny 90p reduced pot of ivy some years back in Great Mills. It has now turned into an absolute nightmare. It has a 'trunk' so thick I never would have believed it to be ivy. It is spreading everywhere and attaching itself to nearby plants and shrubs. I keep pulling it up and trying to get rid of it, but it manages to survive. Any suggestions to get rid of this problem plant??????

send me £5 and i will send you an envelope full of my infested leaves :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back