New Boiler - noisy operation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i recently fitted a new system boiler to my 'y' plan system.
The original boiler was rated at 56,000btu.
The new boiler was rated at 85,000btu (the lowest you can buy it seems)
When the system is running it seems to make a boiling sound like a kettle and the boiler goes on and off a lot - would the rating of 85,000btu be to high for my system and after looking in the installation instructions would the main burner pressure need to be reduced to lower the BTU to prevent it heating up the water in the system to quickly and cycling on and off?

Sponsored Links
How High is your boiler thermostat, If the boiler stat is too high and the boiler is too powerful for the system there is a chance that the Heat Exchanger could begin to kettle (boil).
Are the other components on the system very old, it wll be worth checking to see if the pump is working as it should, and make sure the valve is kicking over properly.

Two things.....

First, how many goes do we get at guessing what boiler you have - 10? - 20?

Second, what does the installer and commissioner of the boiler have to say about it? Or did you do it all yourself?

Alpha do a 45000, Potterton a 57000...
Assuming you did it, how did you clean the system before changing the boiler?

Sponsored Links
What does the CORGI registered installer say about it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back