Hot point washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hot point washer model vwxr4100t2wb it just stoped spinning. It drains all the water out but it does not go into spin cycle. Is it over for this old model??? or is it worth to repair it ??? I replaced the draining pump last year. Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Only a guess here. If it's a top loading machine I'd suspect the clutch assembly.

Unplug your machine before working on it

Yes it is a top load machine. How dificult and expensive would it be if I did it myself??? Is there any way to perform a test to find out if it really is the clutch??? Thanks in advance for all the help you can provide.

on U.K. hotpoint top loaders the clutch is not as bad as it sounds, it is most likely the cluth "shoes" which have worn. these are easy to replace but if you dont know what they look like when not worn its hard to say what they look like, except they become pointed.

they are to be found under the "bell" of the main motor, I used to tip m/c forward (some one holding it is a very good idea) and then change the shoes.

they will also smell for the first few spins as they are "bedding in" (been called to new m/c for "funny smell when spinning" only to find owner never had top loader before and its clutch shoes bedding in

as for cost, no idea

this also assumes that your m/c build is the same as that as a UK hp top loader

Sponsored Links
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my request. I will try to figure this out and I hope I can get it fix. Have a happy new year.

i would suggest easiest fix is to ask at local repair centre for a pair of clutch shoes for your washer, un plug mc, remove all pipes, tip mc on its side (requires 2 people) and compare what you have brought to what you can now see under the main motor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back