sky+ HD box problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my sky+ HD box was refusing to come out of standby. After serveral hard resets and pulling the viewing card out it eventually turned on but gave a "no sattelite signal" message.

I then tried to go into the menus to investigate further, but when I did so the box turned itself off (back into standby) a few seconds after displaying the menu.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Decided to try a forced update, not sure if that was a good idea or not, it said it may take up to 10 minuites but i'm pretty sure it's been sitting longer than that.

Well after the forced update procedure it returned to standby, no idea if that means the update was successful or not.

After the update procedure it seems to have stopped turning itself off and I can get into the menus, unfortunately it's still showing no sattelite signal.

Sponsored Links
Well I found the cause of the no sattelite signal message, it seems the pole holding the aerials and dish for the integrated reception system has partially detatched itself from the wall.

Now to try and figure out how to report this :/

I'm not sure it's fair to call the installer a cowboy because a bolt pulled in a storm (at least I presume it was a storm).

An installer has a duty of care. He must ensure that the wall or structure is strong enough; he must drill the correct size hole and choose the appropriate bolt, plug, washer and torque setting. The bolt should be the very last element to fail. If any failure is to occur in extreme conditions, I would expect the pole to bend but not snap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back