Hotpoint Dishwasher wont stop washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Dishwasher DF53/54 washes well but would go on for ever if allowed. I have to switch power off to stop it and empty it. Ive checked the hoses and it pumps perfectly but will not progress beyond the main wash. I've now run a very hot wash with proprietory dishwasher cleaning substance and miraculously it pumped out filthy water and it completed a cycle.

However, it still sticks on nonstop wash the next time so do I need a new programmer or any other suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
If its sticking at the pumping out stage then my WM36 has similar issue (see thread and discussions with breezer on WM36 Continuous Pumping), currently about to investigate water sensor attached to the pressure switch, like you I've disassembled and cleaned pump etc with no joy, another source has mentionned hard water could have furred up the sensor

Sponsored Links
I surrendered after dismantling, probing and cleaning. I never felt the pump was the problem as the wash cycle continued whirring around wihtout end.

We are a very heavy chalk area but I believe the problem is to do with the electronic timer which I presumed was hardwired on a pcb so gave up. It was 5 years and 3 months old.

John Lewis did a good deal and will take the old one away on Thursday! JL asked me if I wanted to insure the new one for 5 yrs - that wouldnt have been much use would it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back