Radiator Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house a year ago. The boiler was replaced with a combi boiler which works fine (about 2bar pressure if you needed to know). I have 5 radiators (all existing). 4 working fine, 1 in dining room was disconnected. I recently got around to reconnecting that radiator. It is now working fine, in fact it is the hottest of the lot.
However, since putting it back onto the system, 2 other radiators are a lot cooler, one in fact may as well be turned off as the heat it gives out it pathetic.
All the radiators have adjustable thermostats on them, and at the other ends, they have the white valves (sorry don't know the correct term).
Have bled all radiators until nothing but water sprays all over my walls.
Any advice?
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi the radiator that you took off /the white valve close it fully then give it half a turn open for this exersice open the thermostatic valve fully leave the radiator to warm up what you are looking for is that the top of the radiator is hotter than the bottom this is called balancing the system you should carry this out on all your radiators do it over a period of time by the way once each radiator is hot put the thermostatic valve back to a lower setting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back