hotpoint wf630 displays "TEST" all time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have above washer the machine is contantly displaying the read out \\\"TEST\\\" runs the test program but wont wash y? can anyone help to solve this problem

Sponsored Links
saracen6 said:
i have above washer the machine is contantly displaying the read out \\\"TEST\\\" runs the test program but wont wash y? can anyone help to solve this problem

Our Hotpoint WF630, went down on 13/1/06 with exactly the same problem. The machine was 3 days outside its 12 months warranty. I was told to hold down the on/ off button untill all the lights come on and then depress the start / cancel button. However, this does not seem to work. Iam now awaiting further advice from a service engineer. I will keep you posted if there is a successful outcome.

Already answered this one previously.
Someone has accidentally pressed some buttons and locked you into test mode.
To get out of it you need to press start, the display should go daft. Press start again and the display should settle down. Now press the on/off button and the start button at the same time and hold them down for a few seconds until the display shows d-end or d-off.
Your machine should now work.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
Your very welcome.

Thank you for the below information!!!
With below information I had our washing machine up and running in 2 minutes

tiredengineer said:
To get out of it you need to press start, the display should go daft. Press start again and the display should settle down. Now press the on/off button and the start button at the same time and hold them down for a few seconds until the display shows d-end or d-off.

:D

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM. Waiting for an engineer, with clothes piling up for small children and school uniforms still unwashed on Sunday night...I could hug you. XXX

fantastic! worked 1st time, thanks mate :cool:
couldnt find any reference to my avffx149 but this did the trick!

Thankyou for this post -husband at snooker and washing pile growing, got it working in less than 1 min :D

:LOL: Thank alot saved myself £14.99pm from Domestic & General Insurance this is a 7 year old washing machine.

This works a treat and THANKYOU ;)

That little someone who locked me into test mode was my 18mth Daughter but I will let her off this time :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back