Superswitch 2714 Remote Dimmer Switch - Wiring ???

how

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. I've found an old Superswitch 2714 remote control dimmer switch. The three sockets on the back are labelled LOAD, EXT. and LIVE.

How do these correspond to the typical L1, L2, COM wiring on "normal" switches.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you treat EXT as COM, LIVE as L1, and LOAD as L2 the primary switch becomes a dimmer in it's own right. The remote dimmer works only when the primary switch is in the off position(up if wired correctly). Sounds odd but the primary switch is now multi-functional! Switched to on (down) position the light will run through a dimming cycle, when the correct brightness is reached simply switch to off position where the remote dimmer can now be in full control. To switch on fully at the primary switch simply flick the switch on and off quickly, and do the same movement (on and off quickly) to turn off. It does work but would be better with a spring loaded switch, which was probably the original intention. I've had my 2714 for over 20 years and it still works well.

Hope this helps!
Dave.

givitsum, i bet the job has been done by now, he asked 3 years ago. (look at the posted date)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back