electrolux insight ekc6045 wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just opened the packaging to my new cooker and I\\\'m a little confused on the wiring at the back. There appears to be 2 live connections, 4 neutrals and 1 earth. I\\\'m guessing that the lives are connected, as to are the neutrals. I\\\'m just seeking confirmation if possible?
Wayne. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I've not long fitted a Baumatic oven with a similar thing. There were different terminals depending whether you were using 240v single phase, 2 phase or even 3 phase I think.

Your instructions should state which connections you need for 240v single phase (which I assume you have). There may also be the need to 'strap' two connectors together with a metal link that should have been supplied if indeed it is necessary.

Thanks for prompt reply. You are correct about the 240v single phase. The instructiosn basically advises the use of a new length new 6mm (twin core / earthed) cable, strip wires, twist bared ends, remove 10mm of inner insulation. Clamp wires to relevant terminal and ensure screwed tight. The only reference I can see to a clamp, relates to ensuring that the cable is fixed in place at the cable entry point just below the terminals.

I'm just puzzled why theres no reference to the function of the other terminals.?

wcumberbatch said:
There appears to be 2 live connections, 4 neutrals and 1 earth.

that sounds odd. sure its not 3 live, 3 neutral?

the 2(3?) live connectors are for 2 phases where on the continent they have weedy 40A 2 or 3 phase supplies, to spread the load over 2 or 3 phases. In this country, 3 phase supplies are limited mostly to commercial premises and industrial and usually rated above 100A.

So read the instructions thoroughly and just bridge the lives together and bridge the neutrals together. If in doubt, consult an electrician, or take a picture of the offending terminals and post on here!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back