Shower Fans Again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new to this and what a brillant site!
Can anyone recommend a fan for a shower cubicle with a light. Last one gave up the ghost, plus having read all the threads now realise I wired it up wrong!(live taken from two sources! :oops: )Is it worth fitting a timed unit?

Thanks Anthony :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just go for a 12V fan with a pull cord or time delay so when u turn your light on then off it stays on for a bit longer.

these fans have a box which u fit near the door to your bath room the a 12V supply to the shower fan/light

Very safe option just call to any local wholesale and ask for a 12V fan :D

Thank for that, one question......The last fan was fitted above my shower cubicle, but it was one of the cheap one with a fan half way along a 3 metre fexi pipe that filled up with water all the while. I was looking a one that was more powerful that fitted into the ceiling and then using poly pipe to the wall outlet. Fans I have seen in DIY stores are either the fexi cheap one or are not recommended for shower cubicles.

Anthony :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Thats why i said get a 12V fan they can go in the zones most are not allowed. but if your gettin a direct in line fan thaats differnent just make sure the light is 12 V inside the the fan can be 230V as long as its in the lost leadin outside

Tip : dont go to places like B&Q for the fan go to a proper place where all the trades go, it will be better and much cheeper and u can get advise there too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back