Broken oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We recently moved into a house with a candy electric oven and gas hob (f 233 w uk). It was never a particularly good cooker despite it being only 5 years old. There were no instructions to be found and the Candy website doesn't even mention ovens.
The problems started when the oven used to stop working if it was left on for a while like it was tripping out internally, loosing some half cooked casseroles! It has an analog clock with 2 arms red and yellow as well as the 2 normal hands and when they get themselves in a certain alinement the oven starts to chime in a most irritating manner only stopped by spinning one or other of the hands or turning off the oven at the wall switch.
Anyway, finally the oven stopped working today. The electric starters on the gas hobs work fine but the oven won't turn on. No lights at all. I suspect its something serious. Don't know if its worth trying to fix. But I'm wondering if there's any possibility I'm missing something simple with the timer etc. for lack of any written instructions?
Thanks for reading, please comment,
Lorcan

Sponsored Links
the red and yellow hands are likly to be the auto coo on and off times, with the normal hads being the clock, there should be a push/pull possibly in the centre of the clock to turn this on/off, if its set to on and outside the cook tims the oven wont work/look like its dead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back