Baxi Combi 105e (now with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, problems.

Bled upstairs radiator around 2 weeks ago, now my pressure reads 0 at all times unless the system is on and the hot water tap is running at which point pressure reads about 1 bar.

Have gone round all rads and bled air out until water starts. Top rad in nursery seems to now be the only one that is cold at the top and no amount of bleeding rectifies this.

Pressure stuck at just above 0 when system is on. But will not power on when timer requests. Have to reset system at least twice for it to catch and heating to come on.

Tried looking at the three taps underneath boiler to let more water in but seemingly doesnt work when I turn on the \\\"water in\\\" tap.

Only time the pressure creeps up is if I turn the tap that shows an arrow pointing up next to a radiator. Obviously I dont want to leave this on as I am no expert as to the implications.

Now I am stuck, and need some help! any ideas? Oh, and I have checked as many taps and pipes as possible and no leaks anywhere.

Also, the radiators are making liquid noises at intervals now when they were previously quiet.

I am guessing this is my fault for bleeding the rad in the 1st place, but anyone have any ideas as to a fix before I call and engineer and spend money I dont have!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Graham

Sponsored Links
Can you post apic of the three taps you were talking about, one of them must be the filling loop that tops up your system

Basically you need to put water into the heating system then vent all the rads.

There should be a filling loop hose or pipe linking a central heating pipe and a mains pipe somewhere on the system.

When people have kitchens fitted they can sometimes cover the filling loop or box it in, so whenever the system needs filled (sometimes years down the line) they cannot do it.

Have a good look for it, if its not there call a plumber to put a new one in somewhere you can get to it.

Ill try and get a pic up later.

The boiler is actually outside of our house in an outhouse/shed and all taps you can get to - the only three with actual "taps" dont seem to do anything.

Ill get pics up which will probably help!

Cheers for the help so far - it is honestly appreciated.

Graham

Sponsored Links
i think the three taps ur talkin about are actually boiler isolation. the filling loop will be on the pipework. follow the cold pipe from the boiler(2nd from right) to a tee section.then follow branches off tee until u come to a flexi pipe or valve.

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

photos as requested! any help gratefully recieved!!

cheers

chrome braided hose is the filling loop, use a flat headed screwdriver to open the valve, and top up to 1 bar. then bleed rads and top up again. make sure you shut off valve properly....

You need to turn the screwdriver slot visible in the middle picture. Fairly near the blue lever. When it's in line with the pipe/hose the boiler will fill. Fill it slowly though, preferably when not really hot. Turn it off at 1 bar.

gazthepottertonengineer said:
and dont touch the blue one or you will get wet very wet ;)

lol, that happened yesterday when I was playing "what does this tap do?"

A blast of cold water in the face taught me pretty quickly!

Done!!!!!!!

And pressure is back up!!!

Owe everyone that helped a great deal - saved me some money and saved a cold weeked too!

Cheers everyone. Really appreciate it all.

Graham

grahaml said:
gazthepottertonengineer said:
and dont touch the blue one or you will get wet very wet ;)

lol, that happened yesterday when I was playing "what does this tap do?"

A blast of cold water in the face taught me pretty quickly!

Not alot now would be useful if you were going to put a washing machine next to your boiler as thats what its for :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back