pyro

Sponsored Links
Surprised at that working, seems like the gland has been twisted, the ec15 is disgraceful though, what and why would you do that???

From a MICC POV, it looks decidedly dodgy!!

As for the EC15, I guess this is a 15th Ed. install in a washroom and it is their attempt at supplementary?

I'd be amazed if that pyro is still live. An open pyro end like that normally fails short circuit with in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
I see you refer to earthing nuts back in 2009, time flies, stil seem a fairly unheard off new idea

I have also seen older installs where they use a bare P clip and brass nut and bolt for the flylead, seemed to be quite common back in the day

I remember using a tinned copper lug with a 20mm hole which had an earth fly lead soldered to it maybe ten years ago to earth metallic cables terminated into non-conductive enclosures before earthing nuts became available. Before this we used to use a SWA style banjo sandwiched between two locknuts.

It's still rare to see earthing nuts now but they are the best solution on older installations where pyro pots without an earth tail were used.

I see Screwfix now sell SWA glands complete with an earthing nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back