Help! Moving WC stack branc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'m replacing a losely coupled wc with a closely coupled one and need to move the outlet pipe back a few cm. I think its physically possible to do it since I can see where the stack is etc. I looks like I\\\'ll need to replace the existing connection at the stack with a new one (rotating round a few degs for the new position).

My question is, I\\\'ve never connected 110mm plastic pipe, let along cut a hole in the middle of the existing stack so apart from it being a bit of a nasty job, how difficult it is it? Which type of connecors should I use? Just any general comments/advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
did the losely coupled toilet leak !!

sozzzz..
r u sure u cant get a pan connector to fit the new location...u mention its only a few cms...
u cant get all sorts..off set...flexible etc

i have swop many toilets...tiled many a bathrooms (raises the floor height) etc and have never had to move the toilet waste pipe

Didn't leak but was a bit old and doesn't fit into the wife's new plans....!

Perhaps I should have said the branch comes through the floor and is about 20-30cm too far forward.

I'm just confused about 110mm plastic fittings. I mean I know that 15,22mm copper pipes you can choose between compression, push-fit and weld but can't find much info about 110mm plastic pipe!
For example, could I use this (link below) to attach to the soil stack? Why would I then need a slip coupling? Or is that because I won't be able to move the soil stack to get a connecor like this on?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101310&ts=62429&id=10055#

Cheers!

You need flexi rubber socket with 2 jubilee clips.might even have them in Wickes..can`t remember the trade name of them :oops:

Sponsored Links
ignore the last...just realised u wrote 20-30 cms !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back