potterton profile 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with this boiler in that it wont ignite or spark, the fan works as does the pressure switch. If I take the front cover off and let the fan run for a while then put the cover back on and do this a few times it will ignite and run perfectly well until the timer switches it off then I have to repeat the process over again, does anyone have any ideas??
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
with the case off and the boiler fires up could be a few things!The aps could be at fault or the aps tubes blocked or cracked.Is the heatexchanger clean and all the flue ways clear?

Hi I have replaced the aps and made sure the tubes are clear and not split, I've cleaned the flue ways and the heatexchanger is clear, only thing is when the boiler is running it doesn't seem to be pumping anything out of the flue, ie when its been cold in the morning I should see warm gas/air/moisture being pumped out shouldn't I? I am beginning to think it could be either the pcb or gas valve pilot soleniod

Are you sure the inner flue pipe is not corroded through somewhere along its length?

Sponsored Links
ghostspider said:
Hi I have replaced the aps and made sure the tubes are clear and not split, I've cleaned the flue ways and the heatexchanger is clear, only thing is when the boiler is running it doesn't seem to be pumping anything out of the flue, ie when its been cold in the morning I should see warm gas/air/moisture being pumped out shouldn't I? I am beginning to think it could be either the pcb or gas valve pilot soleniod

Have you proved the APS/Flue/Fan/Venturi?

Believe it or not but I once found a bird in the flue of one of these boilers.

Is this one of these boilers with a positive pressure fan?
If so are the case seals in bad condition. If they are it may explain your prob.

Positive case pressure yes, which makes it a potentialy lethal boiler.

ghostspider you clearly don't know what you're doing and could get yourself into grief, apart from expensive bills. Call a corgi in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back