Worcester 14/19cbi - lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas?

Recently had power wash, service and bypass fitted

Boiler noise has now stopped BUT it has started to lock out 5/6 times a day and has to be reset.

Also boiler leaking about a cup full of water every couple of days- not consistently just now and again.

Engineers keep returning but so does the lockout!

pointers welcome

Thanks

Sponsored Links
WHere's the leak from, could the pcb have got wet?
What lights do you have on/flashing when locked out?
Do you know when it does it, eg when it tries to light, or after it has been on a while so might be overheating?

Thanks

Can not see where leak from (me novice - whats pcb) - Ill ask engineers to check today

The lock out is the permanent right hand side light light which can lock out either under load (left hand light on) or under no load (no left hand light)

Its definitley after it has been on a while and It must be overheating but don't understand why if there is a bypass fitted?

pcb - printed circuit board = electronics.

Leaks > low pressure which would cause lockout.

Could be water pressure or its switch, bypass or its setting, poor water circulation, temp sensor, overheat stat, switch on board not in "normal" position", or the pcb.

Poor water circulation would be due to dud pump, or sludge in system.

Sponsored Links
hey ho engineer has been but its still locking out.

according to his list:

its not pressure as its not a pressurised system
the setting on the bypass has been adjusted
he has changed the temp sensor and the overheatstat
its not poor circulation
its not the switch in the pcb
its not the 3 port valve

is it air in the system?

He doesnt know where leak coming from

I rather think i may not have the right engineer but as I haven't paid for the bypass yet he has no choice but to return...

Any further thoughts very welcome .

Thanks to date
[/u][/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back