Worcester Boiler 14/19cbi - power cuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if anyone can help but I'll give it a go. When we have a power cut (not very often thankfully), our Worcester 14/19cbi wall hung boiler goes out and the warning light illuminates. We then have to reset the boiler to make it live again.
This is easily managed when we're home but, if we're away, the boiler stays off until we return. During the summer this isn't a problem, but if we're away in the winter we like to keep the heating on for an hour or so in the morning and at night just to keep the house temprature above freezing and the pipes above it too.
Is there an upgrade we can have fitted or a way round it. We don't want to change the boiler as it's a good 'un generally.

Sponsored Links
It may be that your boiler is going to overheat during power outage.What light is on/off/flashing?

Thanks for that. When there's a power cut the light that illuminates is the right hand 'lock-out' light. The boiler demand light on the left comes on as well if and when it comes to a programmed heating period. It's easily rectified by resetting but obviously only if we are here.

you could look into installing an invertor run off a couple of car batteries, I dont know how you could make it automatically cut in/out when there is a power cut but I am sure it could be done.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the thought. I wonder what do the modern boilers have which gets over this problem. Power cuts affect them too after all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back