Worcester Bosch 14/19CBi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, I had one of the above boilers fitted just over 3 years ago, not long after it was fitted it started making a lot of banging noise! Have had it serviced regularly, had it power flushed, inhibitor put through system etc. but problem not solved. Latest calamity though is that the boiler started to leak water and failed to operate, had our engineer in and advised need a new heat exchanger, not happy because of the age of the boiler. Contacted Worcester Bosch and they asked for details which I have provided but they have failed to advise me whether they have had any other complaints along these lines or indeed if they have made any modifications to the heat exchanger itself, my engineer even rang them and they wouldn't tell him anything. My engineer recalls speaking to an engineer from Worcester Bosch who was telling him that they do have problems with this type of boiler but would not commit himself any further, just told him that they routinely stick on £250.00 worth of parts and only charge the customer £100.00. Would very much appreciate anyones assistance.

Sponsored Links
Although not a lover of Worcester boilers, I think a new heat exchanger after 3 years is either down to problematic mak and model, or incorrect installtion and flushing. Due to the fact that you say it started banging soon after installation I would go for the second option :rolleyes:

Is the service engineer the same one who fitted it?

I would recommend calling out WB as they do a fixed price visit including up to 3 parts for £185. I'm not certain if that would include a new heat exchanger, you would have to ask at time of booking.

As always WB are pigs to work on unless you are used to them and work on them all the time :mad:

I'm an ex WB engineer. Changed about 30 of these heat exchangers while I worked for them. They all were leaking from the side of the heat exchanger where the manifold plates are bolted on. My advise is call them out. The most you will be charged is about 250.00. I used to change the Heat ex, insulation, burner bar and PCB for that! You probably won't get it repaired first visit as the call centre won't have allowed the engineer enough time to do and anyway the parts aren't carried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back