trunking to a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

The wall in my bathroom is lathe and plaster and as such i'm a little reluctant to chase the cable in the wall in case it disintegrates! Am i allowed to run the cable from the ceiling down to the shower unit inside plastic trunking? I've looked at the regs and I cant spot anything that tells me i cant. Does anybody know different? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it's lath and plater (and presumably tiled on top?) then it's hollow. You might find there aren't any noggins in the way and you can pass the cable down from the loft (or fish it up from the floor if you take the skirting off)

Thanks for the replies. I think i'll go for the trunking. Aesthetics not a priority in this case.

Sponsored Links
its ok as long as you make sure to seal everything adequately

if its a hollow wall though can't you just make a hole behind the shower, drop the cable from the top and pull it out? shouldn't be any need for chasing.

Everything will be sealed.
i did poke a small screwdriver through the wall and there didn't seem to be much space between the plaster and brickwork. I think i'd struggle to get a 6mm down there tbh otherwise i agree, that would be the best option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back