plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi man i took a tube light down from the loft and put it in my room but it had no plug on the end and the wire colors are red, black and a copper wire(no casing) what wire goes where!!!???
i don't want 2 blow up my light so could you help???? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I personally wouldnt do that (too late) because in my opinion flourescent lights are too bright for your average room "man"

but since you have where do you want to put it? on the ceiling (replacing your existing light or just on a plug ? that said they are "cool" :cool: if you put a u.v. (black light in them)

First thing you should do is put connector block where you took the light from (saves hassle later)

if you want to plug in your light do as follows

Get a length of 3 core flex and connect it into the light as follows

brown= L
Blue = N
Green / yellow = earth

at the plug end

Brown to the right
green/ yellow to the top
blue to the right

and put a 3 amp (red) fuse in the plug

If you want to change your existing ceiling / wall light do as follows

Get a length of 3 core flex and connect it into the light as follows

brown= L
Blue = N
Green / yellow = earth

put spacers under the light (so as not to crush the flex) fix light to joists in ceiling

undo ceiling rose

remove old lamp fitting

Blue to the two balcks (where the blue from existing light was)

Brown to the single black (where the brown for the existing light was)

green / yellow to the green (or green yellow) wires in the rose

this way is easier than taking the whole rose down since if you change your mind it is much easier to change it back / something else

and do as my signature says

skunny man said:
hi man i took a tube light down from the loft and put it in my room but it had no plug on the end and the wire colors are red, black and a copper wire(no casing) what wire goes where!!!???
i don't want 2 blow up my light so could you help???? :confused: :confused:
yea mate the coppere 1 iz the earth it iz not ment to have aney sleving on because you have 2 put it on your self go to an electrical shop and ask for earth seleving

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back