remove shower from bedroom - URGENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just pulled a shower ensuite out of a bedroom to convert it back into a proper bedroom. the shower is still connected to the wall at the moment as I'm trying to work out how to stop the plumbing behind the tap and completely shut it off to re-plaster the wall. Any one able to help? The tap is a mixer tap but has two pipes going to it. I guess hot and cold. I know I have to drain the system but then what do I do when I've pulled the thing off the wall? (this is the first time I've done any plumbing as I'm skint and can't afford to call a pro!)

Sponsored Links
either cap them off in the wall and plaster over them or if you can trace them back to a more convinient place do that and cap them off there making the piped in the wall dead.

i would try to trace back the pipes as far as possible and cap them off with decent soldered connections,easier if capped under floorboards due to access for any future problems/mods

You definitely do not want dead legs of pipe, as they'll either have static water or air in them. Even worse if they're inaccessible behind plaster!

Sponsored Links
dead legs should NOT be removed as you will deprive the bacteria,legionella and others of a place to breed.These are all forms of life and have rights too.
if u don't comply the ALF will dig up your dead mother ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back