How much to install kitchen worktops?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a new kitchen and was wondering how much you think it would cost to get a 90 degree joint fitted professionally using jig and router etc?

It may be worth my while paying for a pro to do rather than buying worktops twice after attempting it myself!

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sponsored Links
I got 2x3mtr worktops removed, hob removed, sink removed and all refitted with 2 new worktops for £80 before Xmas,
That should give you a good idea.
Best to phone a few joiners from the local paper for a rough quote i would say.

That's an incredible price sky, most worktop is £40 per 3m, and with a scribe router joint and two holes for sink and hob, I would have put an extra £100 on your price. I think you had a pretty good deal there.

well he didnt say what type of worktops did he!!!

Ive seen 3 mtr worktops in Selco for £19 quid a pop. and for a chippy to route a 90 degree join with a jig ....£40 quid sounds about right ......it would only take 30 mins.

Sponsored Links
Skybluescooby, That is an unbelievable price, for the work you had done I would have charged a days labour plus materials. Did he do a good job?

It was a good price indeed which is why i said , when can you get here.
I supplied the worktops myself, cost me £60 for the two, very good quality as well, 38mm thick.
He supplied the labour and new plumbing materials to plumb the new sink in, he also disconneted and refitted the gas hob.
He has done an excellent job and as a man of high standards i was pleased with the result.
Took him about 6 hours from start to finish with my help when needed.

Hi,

When i fitted my kitchen a couple of years ago i got a pro to do the worktops, the work was as follows:

Scribe worktops to walls
2 x 45 degree mitres glued and bolted
Sink cut out
4 ends finished.

Took 3 of them about an hour in all and cost £150.

Jon.

JonD said:
Hi,

When i fitted my kitchen a couple of years ago i got a pro to do the worktops, the work was as follows:

Scribe worktops to walls
2 x 45 degree mitres glued and bolted
Sink cut out
4 ends finished.

Took 3 of them about an hour in all and cost £150.

Jon.
I don't like the sound of those 45 degree joints. £150 for a joint is about the going rate.

skybluescooby said:
It was a good price indeed which is why i said , when can you get here.
I supplied the worktops myself, cost me £60 for the two, very good quality as well, 38mm thick.
He supplied the labour and new plumbing materials to plumb the new sink in, he also disconneted and refitted the gas hob.
He has done an excellent job and as a man of high standards i was pleased with the result.
Took him about 6 hours from start to finish with my help when needed.

Was he a CORGI man?

I too am going to be paying for a joiner/kitchen fitter to cut and fit my work surface. I wondered if anyone could recommend anyone in the Guiseley, Leeds area?

Cheers,

Monkey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back